RecordingOur recording studio features the usual two-room layout – the live room, where the performance happens, and the control room, where the mixing and capturing happens. We specialise in the following:
- Band recordings (both in studio and live)
- Voiceovers for adverts, audiobooks, overdubbing etc.
- Audition tapes (including filming in 4K with smoke and lights)
- Voice reels for actors and voice-over artists
- Singer songwriters and rappers
What We Do
about the StudioPlease click on the items below for more information on the recording studio
- Studiocraft LX7ii 32 Channel Analogue Desk
- Cymatic uTrack 24 Channel Multi-Track Recorder
- Behringer X32 Rack (For mixing the live room)
- Pair of KRK Rokit RP5 G3’s (For Tracking)
- Pair of Adam A8X’s (For Mixing and mastering)
- Avatone Mixcube (For mix checking)
- Presonus Studio One 4 DAW
- Tascam US2400 and Behringer X-touch DAW Controllers
- 24-channel XLR snake (leads to Live Room)
- Fender Twin Reverb Amp
- A range of Tone City Guitar Pedals
- Boss GT-1000 multi effect pedal
- Shure SRH440 Headphones
- Electrovoice ELX112 Passive Speakers
- Plenty of DI boxes, cables, Mic stands and music stands
Large Diaphragm Consender Mic’s: 2x AKG C214 and 1x Shure PG42
Pencil Condenser Mic’s: 2x Rode NT5, 2x AKG P17 and 2x Behringer ECM8000
Dynamic Mic’s: 4x Shure SM58, 4x Shure SM57 and 1x Sennheiser e845
Ribbon Mic’s: 1x S-Electronics X1R
- Yamaha CP4 Stage Piano
- Roland Juno DS61 Synthesizer
- Roland TD25K V-Drum Kit
- Fender US Stratocaster
- Ibanez GRS200 Bass
- Yamaha CPX-700 II Acoustic Guitar We also have a wide variety of VST Instruments
Sampled Instruments such as Toontrack’s Superior Drummer and Spectrasonics’ Keyscape
Synthesizers such as Native Instruments’ Massive and Arturia’s Pigments
More on our Live Sound services here.
Our recording rates including the hire of all equipment and having a technician working with you throughout your session. The day rate is for 12-hours. The price for recording live on location includes travel time, but not expenses.
Live Per Hour
Editing per Hour
Meet the Team
Phin set up HMS in 1994, focusing on tuition, composition and recording. He heads up the tuition side of the studio, and is often to be found on the live side of the glass and gigging with local bands.
David joined HMS following completion of his BTEC in media. He has worked as a sound engineer and audio editor since 2013. He heads up the recording and rehearsal side of the studio, and runs the desk for most sessions.
Click on the images below to enlarge them
What People Say
N J – Voiceover Artist
T Cooper – Rookswood
J Warner – Actor
Either fill in the form below or call us on 01420 375370
For bookings, we ask that you read through and sign our Terms and Conditions.